Welcome to SMG Swiss Marketplace Group AG
We are a pioneering network of online marketplaces and a leading European digital company that simplifies people's lives with forward-looking products.
A little bit about us to help ignite your imagination
SMG Swiss Marketplace Group AG came together following the merger of Scout24 Switzerland and TX Markets in 2021. A union which included some of Switzerland's most well-known leading marketplaces.
Our exciting portfolio currently spans four business areas and includes Real Estate (immoscout24.ch, homegate.ch, ImmoStreet.ch, home.ch, Acheter-Louer.ch), Automotive (autoscout24.ch, motoscout24.ch, CarForYou), General Marketplaces (anibis.ch, tutti.ch, Ricardo.ch) and Finance and Insurance (financescout24.ch).
Become a part of our winning team at SMG
We hire the best digital talents to meet the highest demands of our users and customers in Switzerland. In return, we offer you an attractive, innovative, friendly and fast-paced work environment where you can reach your full potential, achieve your goals, and your successes are celebrated.
Welcome to Switzerland's new digital hub.
Security Operations, Manager (Zurich or Flamatt - Hybrid Work Model 80 -100%)
About the role
The Security and Anti-Fraud team (SAF) works to create and maintain the safest operating environment protecting hundreds of employees and millions of end-users. We lead, design, execute, and manage security initiatives, projects, products, and features across all marketplaces to improve the security of the infrastructure and our marketplaces, that is to ensure the safety of our employees and end-users. We actively monitor our infrastructure, systems, platforms, and marketplaces for attacks, intrusions, and fraud signals, and mitigate them. SMG values security, and SAF's mission is to protect the users and their data without sacrificing User Experience or convenience. The SAF team reports directly to the CEO. In this role, you will lead the Security Operations Center (SOC), working with software engineers, product managers, IT, and SRE and platform teams to proactively identify and improve the detection and response capability of SMGs platforms and infrastructure.
You will be responsible for the safety of the workplace and platforms protecting hundreds of employees and millions of end-users on our marketplaces, leading teams to identify, develop, and monitor signals, and mitigate potential threats.
About the position
- Support a team of engineers that define, set, and manage access security policy across all infrastructure, environments and levels of the stack or the platform
- Lead, advise and support incident and vulnerability response in collaboration with other stakeholders
- Define, launch, and drive strategic initiatives by working collaboratively across teams (e.g., Engineering, Platform, Operations, IT, etc.), and with strategic/technology partners
- Identify opportunities for existing processes, signals, automation, workflow improvements, and operational efficiency gains
- Experience analysing the security of systems (pen testing, Web Application security testing, cloud security, vulnerability scanning, threat modelling, etc.)
- Experience responding to security issues, looking at security alerts, front-line analysis and response
- Lead cross-collaboration with engineers and product managers and influence technical direction as well as provide guidance for complex product, platform and infrastructure security initiatives
- Work with other stakeholders and engineers to design and develop cloud and data center security architectures and processes. Play a key contributor role in the implementation and testing
- Provide domain expertise in cloud security, data center security, compliance, and security best practices
- Perform technical security assessments, code audits, design reviews, and exercises
- Create and deliver security implementation recommendations, sample code, and technical presentations, adapting to different levels or key technical stakeholders
- Document and present results to a variety of audiences, including highly technical engineers, and non-technical subject matter experts
We already know you're talented, but here are some other requirements for the role:
- You have completed your university studies in cybersecurity, computer science or a related field
- Experience in analysing systems and identifying security problems, threat modelling, vulnerability management, and remediation
- Technical knowledge of one or more of the following: cloud security, cloud-native security, SIEM, virtual machines, IAM design, authentication protocols, or network security
- Experience with incident response and security, privacy, data protection, technical/engineering compliance, or risk management
- Experience with best practices in physical security implementations and with scalable and/or next-gen network technologies (e.g., NAC, load balancers, firewalls)
- Experience in a programming or a scripting language (e.g., Java, Go, Python, or NodeJS), databases, and/or querying (e.g., SQL and MySQL)
- Experience leading SecOps teams, on-call, or incident response
- Ability to solve large unstructured business problems, working closely with cross-functional teams (e.g., Engineering, Platform, Operations, and IT)
- Ability to work independently and complete projects in a timely manner
- Ability to navigate and influence cross-team stakeholders
- Ability to quickly adapt and work in a fast-paced and fast-changing team environment
- Experience leading cross-functional projects across organizational boundaries
Benefits you'll love
- Flexible working hours and a culture of trust
- Remote working with the possibility to work in our offices with your peers when you choose
- Regular hackathons: explore, collaborate, and ideate on the things you think matter
- Team-building activities, budget to spend time and build chemistry and trust with your team in a non-work setting or set up off-site working days to kickstart a new challenge in the most optimal way
- Great office facilities with opportunities for plenty of social interactions, after-work-apéros, and regular company-wide events
- Free Gym Facilities (Flamatt office)
SMG Swiss Marketplace Group is a digital pioneer that simplifies people's lives with groundbreaking products. We aim to meet the most demanding user needs with our marketplaces. We provide our customers with the best tools for them to be successful today and in the future. We are proud that our employees come from all over the world and from diverse backgrounds, and we actively encourage their development. Swissness, growth ambition, simplicity and digital innovation define our identity.
We are looking for digital talent to meet the highest expectations of our users and customers in Switzerland. We offer an environment in which you can make a big difference and your successes are celebrated. We look forward to hearing from you! For more information about the company go to www.swissmarketplace.group
SMG Swiss Marketplace Group
SMG Swiss Marketplace Group